Tiger Shroff’s Baaghi 2 has emerged the second highest grossing film of 2018 and is on its course to enter the Rs 150 crore club at the Box-Office in India. The action entertainer directed by Ahmed Khan won over the audience and recorded an excellent trend at the ticket window thereby emerging a profit-making venture for Fox-Star Studios and Sajid Nadiadwala.
The film has also emerged the biggest hit of Tiger Shroff’s career and the trade have already pitched him to be the next mass star of Bollywood. The humongous success of the film has ensured that the first quarter of 2018 ended on a high note, and taught us a lot of things.
Here are the 5 things that the action entertainer taught us:
1. A well-made action film will always strike the chord with audience and set the cash registers ringing. Sajid Nadiadwala ensured that the film is mounted on the right scale and roped in action directors of international reputation to serve the Indian audience with never seen before action.
2. Critical acclaim doesn’t have much of an impact on the Box-Office collections of a commercial action film, irrespective of the star-cast. There is a fixed set of audience waiting to watch commercial entertainers and they will come out in huge numbers if the trailer of the film is appealing.
3. Playing on your strengths helps you build an image and a loyal fan following. Tiger Shroff in an action avatar is something that excites the masses and gets them to the cinema hall. The opening day collections of Baaghi 2 prove that. While a lot of people believe that an actor should always experiment, the audience often like to see their actor in the image set in their mind. Even in Hollywood, there are actors like Sylvestor Stallone, Arnold etc. who have an action image, and built a loyal fan following for the genre. Tiger Shroff should try and go exactly the same way by playing on his strengths and keep delivering the action entertainers. As they say “Chalti Gaadi Ka Bonut Nahi Kholna Chahiye.”
4. Although there is no denying the fact that festivals boost the Box-Office collections of the film, Baaghi 2 proved that an accepted film can do well even without holidays. The collections of Baaghi 2 would have been better had it released on Eid, Diwali or Christmas, but it is about time people realize that a well-made film will do well at any time and give the desired returns.
5. Last but not the least, the film yet again proved that the reviews of a film on social media are nothing but a myth and seldom contribute to the Box-Office collections. It is only the physical audience word of mouth that travels and influences people to watch or not watch a film.
While it is essential to make all kinds of films, as an industry Bollywood off-late has been ignoring the genre that it is known for i.e. full-fledged commercial entertainer with a touch of action. Here’s hoping that after the success of films like Judwaa 2, Golmaal Again, Tiger Zinda Hai and Baaghi 2, more actors (especially Hrithik Roshan and Akshay Kumar) do commercial films at regular intervals and suffice the demand of masses, who form a large chunk of their fan base.
Also hoping that Bollywood has at-least 7 to 8 commercial films up for release in a year thereby giving the exhibitors and distributors the reason to smile as it is because of such films that the exhibitors and distributors at B and C centers are able to survive.
The post 5 Things That The Box-Office Success Of Tiger Shroff’s Baaghi 2 Taught Us! appeared first on Koimoi.